- Ensure access to affordable health coverage for families and children to support preventive care and address health needs.
- Promote access to high quality care, including primary, behavioral, and oral health care, to improve health outcomes for children.
- Enact policies that offer smoke-free indoor air in workplaces and public places.
- Promote policies creating environments that increase access to healthy food and support physical activity through complete streets and shared-use agreements.
- Preserve Medicaid Expansion – Resources for Child Advocates.
- Children’s Health Task Force – Increasing access to care, quality of care, and prevention strategies for healthier kids as part of Kentucky Voices for Health.
- Children’s Health Technical Advisory Committee – Providing children's health recommendations to the Medicaid Advisory Committee, which serves both the Cabinet for Health and Family Services and the Department for Medicaid Services.
- BOUNCE Coalition – Cultivating positive long-term health outcomes for children in Louisville Metro.
- Kentucky Oral Health Coalition – Improving oral health and access to care across Kentucky.
- Pediatric Behavioral and Mental Health Alliance – Supporting the implementation of quality behavioral health services and integrated models of care throughout the state.
- Smoke-free Kentucky – Coalition promoting smoke-free policies across the state.
A Definition to Smile About
During the FDI World Dental Federation General Assembly this past fall, a new definition of oral health was approved. Previously, there was room for the definition to be modified depending on the individuals or organizations impacted. Now, the new definition … Continue Reading
Announcing the Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children 2017 Priorities!
Last year we unveiled a new Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children with three cornerstones: thriving communities, strong families, and successful kids. Today, we’re launching the 2017 Blueprint policy priorities with partners and youth from across the state with those cornerstones in … Continue Reading
Face It Policy Wins Keep Kids Safe
Kentucky Youth Advocates is a proud member of the Kosair Charities® Face It® Movement, a coalition of nearly 30 partner organizations committed to ending child abuse and neglect in Kentucky. Face It’s efforts to end child abuse can be seen … Continue Reading
Giving Cavities the Brush Off with National Brush Day!
Most kids will tell you the exciting part of Halloween is all of the candy! But with all of that extra candy comes an increased risk of cavities. That’s why on November 1st, we celebrate National Brush Day to discuss … Continue Reading
Former Foster Youth and Open Enrollment
2017 Open Enrollment Period for health insurance begins November 1, 2016! Let’s make sure everyone who is eligible signs up for health insurance. Also beginning November 1st is National Adoption Month, and we must remember those children whom were never … Continue Reading
ResourcesPreserve Medicaid Expansion:
View the Resources for Child AdvocatesLearn more about oral health care and access in Kentucky:
View our Shared-Use InfographicLearn more about the dangers of smoking during pregnancy:
View our Smoke Free InfographicFind state and county level data on child health:
Visit the KIDS COUNT Data Center