- Ensure access to affordable health coverage for families and children to support preventive care and address health needs.
- Promote access to high quality care, including primary, behavioral, and oral health care, to improve health outcomes for children.
- Continue monitoring the impact of Medicaid managed care on health care for children.
- Enact policies that offer smoke-free indoor air in workplaces and public places.
- Promote policies creating environments that increase access to healthy food and support physical activity through complete streets and shared-use agreements.
- Children’s Health Task Force – Increasing access to care, quality of care, and prevention strategies for healthier kids as part of Kentucky Voices for Health.
- Children’s Health Technical Advisory Committee – Providing children's health recommendations to the Medicaid Advisory Committee, which serves both the Cabinet for Health and Family Services and the Department for Medicaid Services.
- BOUNCE Coalition – Cultivating positive long-term health outcomes for children in Louisville Metro.
- Kentucky Oral Health Coalition – Improving oral health and access to care across Kentucky.
- Pediatric Behavioral and Mental Health Alliance – Supporting the implementation of quality behavioral health services and integrated models of care throughout the state.
- Smoke-free Kentucky – Coalition promoting smoke-free policies across the state.
Oral Health 2020’s Progress
After the Oral Health 2020 National Network Gathering a month ago, it’s time to reflect on the progress this initiative has made since launching last year. We are proud partners in this network and are moving forward to achieve these … Continue Reading
The Great American Smokeout: Quit Like a Champion
November is often a time of reflection and thanks. Let today be a day of thanks—a day where you can be thankful for healthy lungs, clean air, and the American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout. The Great American Smokeout is … Continue Reading
It’s Not Too Late to Register for the 2015 Kentucky Oral Health Summit!
The 2015 Kentucky Oral Health Summit is just a few short weeks away and we would love for you to join us! As part of its ongoing efforts to improve oral health care and access, the Kentucky Oral Health Coalition (KOHC), … Continue Reading
“Treat” Yourself and Your Family to a Healthy Mouth on National Brush Day!
National Brush Day is celebrated on November 1st of each year – the day after Halloween – and is a great time to discuss the importance of dental hygiene. The American Dental Association has developed the following “tricks” to help … Continue Reading
More than 16,000 Reasons Why Child Health Coverage Matters in Kentucky
When children have health care coverage, they are able to get the preventive care they need to stay healthy and show up for school ready to learn. It also means their families can afford to take them to the doctor … Continue Reading
ResourcesFind out what health insurance options are available for your children:
Visit kynect.ky.gov or call 1-855-4kynect (459-6328)Learn more about oral health care and access in Kentucky:
View our Shared-Use InfographicFind state and county level data on child health:
Visit the KIDS COUNT Data Center