- Ensure access to affordable health coverage for families and children to support preventive care and address health needs.
- Promote access to high quality care, including primary, behavioral, and oral health care, to improve health outcomes for children.
- Enact policies that offer smoke-free indoor air in workplaces and public places.
- Promote policies creating environments that increase access to healthy food and support physical activity through complete streets and shared-use agreements.
- Children’s Health Task Force – Increasing access to care, quality of care, and prevention strategies for healthier kids as part of Kentucky Voices for Health.
- Children’s Health Technical Advisory Committee – Providing children's health recommendations to the Medicaid Advisory Committee, which serves both the Cabinet for Health and Family Services and the Department for Medicaid Services.
- BOUNCE Coalition – Cultivating positive long-term health outcomes for children in Louisville Metro.
- Kentucky Oral Health Coalition – Improving oral health and access to care across Kentucky.
- Pediatric Behavioral and Mental Health Alliance – Supporting the implementation of quality behavioral health services and integrated models of care throughout the state.
- Smoke-free Kentucky – Coalition promoting smoke-free policies across the state.
Resources for Youth Aging Out
May is National Foster Care month and with that comes the consideration of youth aging out of the foster care system. Too many youth in Kentucky, over 500 a year, age out of the foster care system without stable ties … Continue Reading
Stay Tuned – Advocates Talk Oral Health on KET
By Lacey McNary Thank you to Kentucky Educational Television (KET) for devoting significant air time to covering oral health issues in the Commonwealth this upcoming year. The Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky is supporting the television station in covering all … Continue Reading
We Play to Win for Kids
I JUST LOVE THAT VIDEO. It is usually among those selected when pundits choose the “greatest sports quotes of all time.” And, of course, Herm Edwards – a coach with a losing record – is now one of the experts … Continue Reading
The Story of 1 of 135,000 Kentucky Kids
Ashley* shares her story as part of the release of a new KIDS COUNT® policy report, A Shared Sentence: The Devastating Toll of Parental Incarceration on Kids, Families and Communities. She is one of 135,000 Kentucky children who has had a parent incarcerated, … Continue Reading
A Shared Sentence
Policy debates about incarceration rarely focus on the impact on children. Yet, we know that when a parent is in jail or prison, it creates an unstable environment for kids that can have lasting effects like poverty, changes in living … Continue Reading
ResourcesFind out what health insurance options are available for your children:
Visit kynect.ky.gov or call 1-855-4kynect (459-6328)Learn more about oral health care and access in Kentucky:
View our Shared-Use InfographicLearn more about the dangers of smoking during pregnancy:
View our Smoke Free InfographicFind state and county level data on child health:
Visit the KIDS COUNT Data Center