- Ensure access to affordable health coverage for families and children to support preventive care and address health needs.
- Promote access to high quality care, including primary, behavioral, and oral health care, to improve health outcomes for children.
- Enact policies that offer smoke-free indoor air in workplaces and public places.
- Promote policies creating environments that increase access to healthy food and support physical activity through complete streets and shared-use agreements.
- Children’s Health Task Force – Increasing access to care, quality of care, and prevention strategies for healthier kids as part of Kentucky Voices for Health.
- Children’s Health Technical Advisory Committee – Providing children's health recommendations to the Medicaid Advisory Committee, which serves both the Cabinet for Health and Family Services and the Department for Medicaid Services.
- BOUNCE Coalition – Cultivating positive long-term health outcomes for children in Louisville Metro.
- Kentucky Oral Health Coalition – Improving oral health and access to care across Kentucky.
- Pediatric Behavioral and Mental Health Alliance – Supporting the implementation of quality behavioral health services and integrated models of care throughout the state.
- Smoke-free Kentucky – Coalition promoting smoke-free policies across the state.
Teen Suicide: A Difficult but Important Conversation
Teen deaths are not easy to talk about, especially violent and unexpected deaths. But in order to stop preventable teen deaths, we need to examine and understand the data. For a long time, accidents, homicides and suicides have been the leading … Continue Reading
Spread the Word: Families Enrolled in Medicaid Must Report Changes of Address
As child advocates, we want to help make sure families enrolled in Medicaid are aware they need to keep their addresses up to date with the Department for Medicaid Services (DMS). If a family’s address has recently changed, they must update their address … Continue Reading
Guest Post: Every Child Deserves a Healthy Hometown
By Paula Little What do you want your child to be when he or she grows up? For concerned parents and community leaders in Clinton County, the overwhelming answer to that question has nothing to do with a career choice … Continue Reading
Having 20/20 Vision for Your Child’s Benefits
By Abbey Rogers With 80% of learning occurring through a child’s eyesight, accessing preventative vision care and treatment is important for proper child development. Did you know there are specific vision services through Medicaid that have the potential to increase a … Continue Reading
Take Action: The Child Advocate’s Guide to Proposed Medicaid Changes
The Bevin Administration has proposed changes to Kentucky’s Medicaid program. The new program would be called Kentucky HEALTH. This child advocate’s guide includes an overview of the potential impact on Kentucky families, concerns about the proposed changes, and how advocates can act. Download a … Continue Reading
ResourcesFind out what health insurance options are available for your children:
Visit kynect.ky.gov or call 1-855-4kynect (459-6328)Learn more about oral health care and access in Kentucky:
View our Shared-Use InfographicLearn more about the dangers of smoking during pregnancy:
View our Smoke Free InfographicFind state and county level data on child health:
Visit the KIDS COUNT Data Center