- Ensure access to affordable health coverage for families and children to support preventive care and address health needs.
- Promote access to high quality care, including primary, behavioral, and oral health care, to improve health outcomes for children.
- Continue monitoring the impact of Medicaid managed care on health care for children.
- Enact policies that offer smoke-free indoor air in workplaces and public places.
- Promote policies creating environments that increase access to healthy food and support physical activity through complete streets and shared-use agreements.
- Children’s Health Task Force – Increasing access to care, quality of care, and prevention strategies for healthier kids as part of Kentucky Voices for Health.
- Children’s Health Technical Advisory Committee – Providing children's health recommendations to the Medicaid Advisory Committee, which serves both the Cabinet for Health and Family Services and the Department for Medicaid Services.
- BOUNCE Coalition – Cultivating positive long-term health outcomes for children in Louisville Metro.
- Kentucky Oral Health Coalition – Improving oral health and access to care across Kentucky.
- Pediatric Behavioral and Mental Health Alliance – Supporting the implementation of quality behavioral health services and integrated models of care throughout the state.
- Smoke-free Kentucky – Coalition promoting smoke-free policies across the state.
New State Laws Protecting Children Take Effect This Week
Though it may feel like any other hot week of summer in Kentucky, this week will be the first that new laws enacted during the 2015 legislative session take effect. All legislation was effective on Wednesday, June 24th, unless the … Continue Reading
Opening the Doors to Meet the Needs of Children: Integrated Care Site Visit
This past week, my fellow Kentucky Youth Advocates team member Mahak Kalra and I had the opportunity to visit the University of Louisville Pediatrics Downtown location. Far more than your typical pediatrician’s office, this location is an integrated health care … Continue Reading
Save the Date for the 2015 Kentucky Oral Health Summit
Oral health remains one of the most pressing unmet healthcare needs in Kentucky. As part of its ongoing efforts to improve oral health care and access, the Kentucky Oral Health Coalition (KOHC), in collaboration with its partners from across the … Continue Reading
End of School Means New Beginnings. Give Your Health a Fresh Start by Quitting Smoking.
As the school year comes to a close, it is easy to get excited about what lies ahead. We quickly find our calendars filled with activities, friends, family, and vacations. Whether it is earning money at a summer job, going … Continue Reading
Save the Date: 12th Annual Children’s Advocacy Day on January 14, 2016
This year’s Children’s Advocacy Day at the Capitol was one of the largest yet, with over 700 children, youth, and adults attending to ask their leaders to put kids first in the legislative session. We know that Children’s Advocacy Day … Continue Reading
ResourcesFind out what health insurance options are available for your children:
Visit kynect.ky.gov or call 1-855-4kynect (459-6328)Learn more about expanding physical activity opportunities in your community:
View our Shared-Use InfographicFind state and county level data on child health:
Visit the KIDS COUNT Data Center