- Ensure access to affordable health coverage for families and children to support preventive care and address health needs.
- Promote access to high quality care, including primary, behavioral, and oral health care, to improve health outcomes for children.
- Enact policies that offer smoke-free indoor air in workplaces and public places.
- Promote policies creating environments that increase access to healthy food and support physical activity through complete streets and shared-use agreements.
- Children’s Health Task Force – Increasing access to care, quality of care, and prevention strategies for healthier kids as part of Kentucky Voices for Health.
- Children’s Health Technical Advisory Committee – Providing children's health recommendations to the Medicaid Advisory Committee, which serves both the Cabinet for Health and Family Services and the Department for Medicaid Services.
- BOUNCE Coalition – Cultivating positive long-term health outcomes for children in Louisville Metro.
- Kentucky Oral Health Coalition – Improving oral health and access to care across Kentucky.
- Pediatric Behavioral and Mental Health Alliance – Supporting the implementation of quality behavioral health services and integrated models of care throughout the state.
- Smoke-free Kentucky – Coalition promoting smoke-free policies across the state.
Is the Medicaid Waiver Good for Kentucky Kids?
This post originally appeared as an op-ed in the Courier-Journal on August 25, 2016. Read it online here. “Is it good for kids?” That is the question we at Kentucky Youth Advocates always ask of our decision-makers, and we have carefully considered that … Continue Reading
The Child Advocate’s Guide to the Bevin Administration’s 1115 Medicaid Waiver Proposal
As child advocates, we have concerns about the impact of the Bevin Administration’s 1115 Medicaid Waiver proposal on Kentucky kids and families. In this guide, we equip child advocates with information about the 1115 Medicaid Waiver proposal and address a number … Continue Reading
Kentucky Youth Advocates Position Statement Regarding the Bevin Administration’s 1115 Medicaid Waiver Proposal
“Is it good for kids?” That is the question we at Kentucky Youth Advocates always ask of our decision-makers, and we have carefully considered that question in response to the Bevin Administration’s 1115 Waiver proposal to modify Kentucky’s Medicaid program. … Continue Reading
Helpful Back to School Tool for Kinship Caregivers
As kids across the Commonwealth head back to school this month, we must remember the 53,000 children being raised by grandparents and other relatives and the unique challenges they face. Kinship caregivers often have informal arrangements and do not have … Continue Reading
New FDA Regulations for E-Cigarettes
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued their final rule on regulating e-cigarettes, which goes into effect today. With this new rule, the FDA will be able to review new tobacco products entering the market, prevent misguided claims from … Continue Reading
ResourcesFind out what health insurance options are available for your children:
Visit kynect.ky.gov or call 1-855-4kynect (459-6328)Learn more about oral health care and access in Kentucky:
View our Shared-Use InfographicLearn more about the dangers of smoking during pregnancy:
View our Smoke Free InfographicFind state and county level data on child health:
Visit the KIDS COUNT Data Center