That’s a wrap on 2023 Children’s Advocacy Week!
This year’s Children’s Advocacy Week was filled with passionate young people, committed advocates, and dedicated state leaders. Thank you to the many advocates who attended the Rally for Kentucky Kids, attended policy forums, shared advocacy on social media, and spoke with legislators to discuss the issues impacting youth. Thank you to the state leaders who spoke with groups of young people to inspire the next generation of leaders. Thank you to the young people who motivate us all to speak up for what’s best for kids and will bring a brighter future for all Kentuckians. Your voices and advocacy are vital in making Kentucky the best place to be young.
Here are a few steps you can take to continue this important advocacy:
- COMPLETE this brief survey to help us make next year’s Children’s Advocacy Week even better for youth and advocates; it should take 10 minutes or less.
- WATCH recordings of the virtual Children’s Advocacy Week events, and read the remarks of the Rally’s keynote speaker and read more about the 2023 Champion for Children awardees.
- REVIEW the Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children policy agenda and accompanying fact sheets to learn more about priorities that are good for kids and families.
- LOOK UP your state Senator and Representative. Take note of their contact information, the legislative committees they are a member of, and bills that they are sponsoring. Reach out to your legislators to invite them to learn more about the Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children.
- BOOKMARK the Bill Tracker to keep up-to-date on the progress of Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children priority bills and other bills that are good for kids. The tracker will continually be updated as bills are filed and progress through the legislature.