How can I be an advocate for Kentucky children?
Everyone can be a child advocate with a few simple actions. Learn more by viewing our Advocacy 101 Presentation below.
View the Step Up for Kids in the 2016 Legislative Session webinar recorded in preparation for Children’s Advocacy Day on January 14, 2016. The advocacy and policy information can be used for advocating on behalf of children throughout the 2016 General Assembly.
How does a bill become a law?
- View this slide show.
- Read this brochure: The Road to Passage: How a Bill Becomes a Law.
How can I stay informed on what’s going on in Frankfort?
- Sign up for email updates from Kentucky Youth Advocates.
- Legislative Research Commission: Find lawmakers, bills, committee schedules and agendas, research reports and more.
- Bill Watch: A free legislative tracking service offered by Kentucky state government. Enter a profile of your interests. Get email updates automatically when things happen.
- RegWatch: State agencies make regulations to carry out laws. Set up your profile and see when “regs” that interest you are filed. Good Q&A on the regulation process, too.
- Kentucky Educational Television: KET provides online video coverage of the Kentucky General Assembly as a public service. During legislative sessions, Senate and House chambers and committee meetings are streamed live.