How can I be an advocate for Kentucky children?
Everyone can be a child advocate with a few simple actions. Learn more by viewing our Advocacy 101 Presentation below.
How does a bill become a law?
- Read this brochure: The Road to Passage: How a Bill Becomes a Law.
How can I stay informed on what’s going on in Frankfort?
- Sign up for email updates from Kentucky Youth Advocates.
- Legislative Research Commission: Find lawmakers, bills, committee schedules and agendas, research reports and more.
- Bill Watch: A free legislative tracking service offered by Kentucky state government. Enter a profile of your interests. Get email updates automatically when things happen.
- RegWatch: State agencies make regulations to carry out laws. Set up your profile and see when “regs” that interest you are filed. Good Q&A on the regulation process, too.
- Kentucky Educational Television: KET provides online video coverage of the Kentucky General Assembly as a public service. During legislative sessions, Senate and House chambers and committee meetings are streamed live.