- Reduce the number of children living in poverty and in areas of concentrated poverty.
- Enact a state Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) at a percentage of the highly successful federal EITC to help working families make ends meet.
- Assist families in accessing benefits for which they are eligible and simplifying the application process to receive these benefits.
- Ensure families have access to responsible lending and financial services and are not harmed by high-interest loans.
- Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children Earned Income Tax Credit Work Team – Working toward the passage of a state Earned Income Tax Credit. For more information, contact Stephen Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kentucky Coalition for Responsible Lending – Promoting fair lending practices and protecting family assets.
Kids Are Cheering! Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children Bills Are Off to the Governor
While this year’s Kentucky General Assembly isn’t quite over because a couple of days remain for final concurrence between the two chambers, Kentucky kids can already cheer for big Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children legislative wins! Three Blueprint legislative priorities—SB 195, … Continue Reading
Getting the Most out of the KIDS COUNT Data Center
Our annual County Data Book has quite a bit of county level data on how kids are faring across Kentucky’s counties, yet it represents a small fraction of the approximately 100 indicators we have posted to the KIDS COUNT Data … Continue Reading
Announcing the Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children 2017 Priorities!
Last year we unveiled a new Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children with three cornerstones: thriving communities, strong families, and successful kids. Today, we’re launching the 2017 Blueprint policy priorities with partners and youth from across the state with those cornerstones in … Continue Reading
How Does Kentucky Measure Up on Key Child Care Policies?
A new report examining statewide child care policies recognizes Kentucky as one of 31 states that has improved on key policies, yet finds that too many families nationwide are not receiving the help they need to thrive. The need for … Continue Reading
Vote for Kids!
Your vote is your voice! In celebration of National Voter Registration Day, we encourage all Kentuckians of voting age to register. The November 8th ballot will include presidential candidates, as well as U.S. representatives and senators, Kentucky state representatives and senators, … Continue Reading
ResourcesRead more about a state refundable EITC:
View our EITC Fact SheetLearn how a state EITC would benefit Kentucky families and communities:
View our EITC InfographicFind state and county level data on family economic security:
Visit the KIDS COUNT Data Center