What does Bloom Kentucky and Mickey Mouse have in common this summer? They are both ALL EARS.
As soon as the gavel fell for the 2023 state legislative session, Bloom Kentucky already had a plan to get advocates excited about 2024. Kentucky Youth Advocates and Bloom Kentucky want to hear from you!
During May and June 2023, we’re hosting regionally-based listening sessions across the Commonwealth to bring local advocates and leaders together to identify strategies that will build resilience in kids, families, and communities. Childhood trauma is common in Kentucky and can have lifelong impacts – but the good news is it can be addressed through state policy change and budget investments in collaboration with community-based efforts.
We are hitting the road to engage as many of the local experts in every region of Kentucky as possible around three key areas:
- What policies and budget investments do you want our state legislature to address in 2024 related to child and family well-being?
- What do you want our Gubernatorial candidates prioritizing related to child and family well-being?
- How does the region intend to leverage Opioid Settlement funds related to child and family well-being and substance use prevention?
Join Sowing Resilience: A Bloom Kentucky Listening Tour in one of the nine Department for Community Based Services regions to share your ideas, questions, and recommendations so that all kids can grow up healthy and hopeful. We’re partnering with local organizations for the listening sessions – ranging from smaller round tables to large community conversations – and, in some regions, there will be multiple conversations held.
Check out this overview of the Sowing Resilience conversations and be sure to check back regularly as we update on upcoming regional events. Stay tuned as we share what we hear from community advocates and leaders across the Commonwealth!
- Co-hosting with Volunteers of America-Mid States in London
Tuesday, June 27th at 9:00 – 11:00AM ET
London Community Center, 529 S. Main Street, London, KY 40741
Eastern Mountain Region
- Co-hosting with the Foundation for Appalachian Kentucky in Hazard
Friday, June 9th at 11:30AM – 1:00PM ET
Perry County Extension Office- Annex Building, 933 Perry Park Road, Hazard, KY 41701
- Hosted by Kentucky Youth Advocates in Louisville
- Co-hosting with Peace Hospital
Tuesday, June 13th at 10:00AM – 12:00PM ET
South Central Regional Library, 7300 Jefferson Boulevard, Louisville, KY 40219
- Co-hosted with Play Cousins Collective in Louisville
- Co-hosting with Morehead State University in Morehead
Wednesday, June 14th at 1:00 – 2:30PM ET
Morehead State University, Adron Doran University Center, 400 East 2nd Street, Morehead, KY, 40351, Room 310
Northern Bluegrass Region
- Co-hosted with Scott County Agency for Substance Abuse Policy and Scott Countians Against Drugs in Georgetown
- Co-hosting with Learning Grove and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital in Covington
Thursday, June 15th at 2:00 – 4:00PM ET
Kentucky Career Center, 1324 Madison Avenue, Covington, KY 41011
Salt River Trail Region
- Co-hosting with the Kinship Families Coalition of Kentucky in Elizabethtown
Tuesday, June 20 at 11:30AM – 1:30PM ET
Regional Postsecondary Education Center, Room #212, Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (ECTC), 620 College Street Road, Elizabethtown, KY 42701
- Co-hosting with the Wanda Joyce Robinson Foundation in Frankfort
Thursday, June 22 at 1:00PM – 3:00PM ET
Paul Sawyer Public Library, 319 Wapping St, Frankfort, KY 40601
Southern Bluegrass Region
- Co-hosting with the Greater Clark Foundation in Winchester
- Co-hosting with the Danville Branch of Women’s Network (Registration not required)
Tuesday, June 13 at 7:00PM – 8:30 PM
Intercounty Energy, 1009 Hustonville Road, Danville 40422
- Co-hosted with Face It Bluegrass
The Lakes Region
- Co-hosting with Murray State University in Paducah
Wednesday, June 21 at 10:00AM – 12:00PM CT
4430 Sunset Ave, Paducah, KY 42001, Conference Room 288
Two Rivers Region
- Co-hosting with Family Enrichment Center in Bowling Green
Wednesday, June 7th at 11:30AM – 1:00PM CT
Family Enrichment Center, 1133 Adams Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101
- Co-hosting with CASA of Ohio Valley in Owensboro
Wednesday, June 21st at 1:00 – 3:00PM CT
Owensboro Chamber of Commerce, 200 E. 3rd Street, Owensboro, KY 42303
Leave A Comment