Children’s Advocacy Day will be here this Thursday, February 9th! Here is the general agenda and a few reminders:
9:00 Registration begins (Capitol Mezzanine)
10:00 Rally for Kentucky Kids (Capitol Rotunda)
11:00 Attend legislative committee meetings and meet with your legislators
12:30-1:30 Blueprint policy information session (Legislative Annex Room 149)
1. Materials you may want to review in advance. View the Children’s Advocacy Day resource booklet online here. The booklet includes a detailed agenda and checklist for the day, advocacy tips, and a list of legislators. Find more information about Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children legislative priorities and read fact sheets here. You can also watch a recording of the Advocacy 101 and CAD prep webinar here.
2. Schedule appointments with your legislators. It’s best to schedule meetings in advance, and you still have time to call. Learn more here.
3. Parking, entering the building, and registering. We suggest parking in the visitor spaces in the parking garage. Limited parking is also available on surface streets in front of the Capitol. Because parking is limited, you may want to carpool. Adults will need a photo ID to enter the Capitol. Please allow time to park and expect a bit of a wait getting through the entrance. No printed tickets are necessary.
4. Rally seating and information. Rally seating is very limited. We are asking advocates to reserve those chairs for those who may have difficulty standing for the duration of the rally. Bring rally signs if you have them, and come prepared to cheer!
5. Be an advocate online. Let legislators and other advocates know that you care about the future of Kentucky kids by sharing the day online. Be sure to follow and use the event hashtags: #CADKY2017, #kyga17 and #blueprintky.
We look forward to seeing all of you on Thursday as we ask our legislators to prioritize kids!