New year, new information about Children’s Advocacy Week 2023! With the General Assembly reconvening and the robust Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children policy agenda in need of advocacy, we wanted to share the schedule and a few reminders to help you lift your voice on behalf of kids during Children’s Advocacy Week coming up February 6-10.
Advocates, find a schedule of the week’s events – both virtual and in-person – below. Please note that event times are subject to change as legislators’ schedules change. We will send updates as needed, and we encourage you to check the schedule to confirm events.
Links to participate in each event will be posted here and in the Children’s Advocacy Week app.
Current Schedule of Events
Monday, February 6th
- 11:00 AM ET – Children’s Advocacy Week 2023 Kickoff with Lt Governor Coleman via Facebook Live
- 12:00 PM ET – Kentucky KIDS COUNT County Data Book Lunch & Learn via Zoom (Register HERE)
- 2:00 PM ET – Advocate networking coffee break via Zoom (Register HERE)
Tuesday, February 7th
- 9:00 AM ET – Legislator Q&A via Zoom featuring Chairs of the Commission on Race and Access to Opportunity, Senator Givens and Representative Timoney (Register HERE)
- 11:00 AM ET – Legislator Q&A via Zoom featuring Families and Children Committee Chairs Representative Heavrin and Senator Carroll (Register HERE)
- 1:00 PM ET – Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children Information Session via Zoom (Register HERE)
Wednesday, February 8th – the Day at the Capitol
- 10:00 AM ET – Rally for Kentucky Kids in the Capitol Rotunda featuring remarks from state leaders and youth (also featured on Facebook Live)
- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM ET – Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children Showcase on the Capitol Mezzanine
- 1:00 PM ET – Youth & Advocate Reception with Legislators on the Capitol Mezzanine
- All Day – Social Media Station on the Capitol Mezzanine
Thursday, February 9th
- All Day – Stream legislative committee meetings, including House Families and Children at 8:00 AM; Senate Judiciary at 10:00 AM; Senate Education at 11:00 AM; and House Health Services at 12:00 PM
- 1:00 PM ET – Advocate networking coffee break via Zoom (Register HERE)
Friday, February 10th
- 12:00 PM ET – Celebration of Kentucky Kids posted on KYA social media channels
- WATCH the Prep Webinar as Kentucky Youth Advocates discusses how to prepare for Children’s Advocacy Week, including an overview of events during the week and updates on key policies to discuss with legislators.
- If you are a teacher or with a youth-serving organization interested in bringing a group of students to the Capitol for the Rally for Kentucky Kids on February 8, 2023, please complete this survey and contact Jami Garth with any questions.
- Submit art and musical performances from Kentucky kids! Kentucky parents, caregivers, and educators, we need you to submit your kids’ performances, art, and writing! Learn more and use this form to share your submissions by Tuesday, January 31st.
Children’s Advocacy Week is made possible by these generous sponsors. Thank you for your support!
- Aetna Better Health of Kentucky (Signature Sponsor)
- Seven Counties Services/Bellewood & Brooklawn (Presenting Sponsor)
- Save the Children (Presenting and Social Media Sponsor)
- ACLU Kentucky
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kentuckiana
- Bloom Kentucky
- Bounce Coalition
- Children’s Alliance
- Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C)
- EC Learn
- Face It Movement
- Family and Children’s Place
- Foundation for Healthy Kentucky
- Kentucky CASA Network
- Kentucky Oral Health Coalition
- Kentucky Out-of-School Alliance
- Kentucky Primary Care Association
- Kentucky’s Voice for Early Childhood
- Kinship Families Coalition of Kentucky
- Kosair Charities
- Learning Grove
- Metro United Way
- National Council of Jewish Women
- Save the Children Action Network
- Sunrise Children’s Services
- True Up Kentucky
- Volunteers of America Mid-States
Leave A Comment