COMING SOON: THE 2018 KENTUCKY GENERAL ASSEMBLY
In less than a month, on January 2nd, the 2018 Kentucky General Assembly will begin. In just over a month, more than 1,000 advocates—teachers, social workers, youth, judges, and more—will pack the Capitol rotunda in Frankfort and ask our leaders to prioritize kids in their decisions. Join those advocates at the 14th annual Children’s Advocacy Day at the Capitol on Thursday, January 18th!
Learn more and register to attend here. Better yet, mobilize your networks and bring a whole group to Children’s Advocacy Day! If you are bringing a group of youth to Children’s Advocacy Day, please fill out this brief survey about youth activities that we can help you coordinate throughout the day. Contact Tina Agonva at email@example.com, if you have questions.
Are you interested in learning more about how to prepare for Children’s Advocacy Day and be a more effective advocate for Kentucky kids? Please join us for the Advocacy 101/Children’s Advocacy Day prep webinar on Thursday, January 4th at 2:00 PM EST. Learn more and register to attend here.
One way to prepare for Children’s Advocacy Day—and the rest of the 2018 General Assembly—is to review the Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children policy priorities. Find out more about those priorities by reading fact sheets or watching this short video.
- RSVP for 2018 Children’s Advocacy Day on January 18th and register for the Children’s Advocacy Day Prep webinar on January 4th at kyyouth.org/childrens-advocacy-day-at-the-capitol.
- Find your state legislators at lrc.ky.gov or kyyouth.org/advocacy and take note of their contact information, what committees they’re a part of, and if they are in a leadership position.
- Set up a meeting with your state legislator for Children’s Advocacy Day in early January.
- Sign up for KYA’s email listserv to stay informed on bill movement and current action alerts.
- Review fact sheets on each of the Blueprint priorities at kyyouth.org/blueprintky/.
- Sign up to become a Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children partner.
- Follow Kentucky Youth Advocates on Facebook (facebook.com/KentuckyYouthAdvocates) and Twitter (@kyyouth).
- Use hashtags on social media during the legislative session: #BlueprintKY #CADKY2018 #kyga18
- Attend a committee meeting in Frankfort when a Blueprint priority has a hearing.
- Submit an op-ed on Blueprint priorities to your local paper.
- Write a guest blog on a Blueprint priority for KYA to share with advocates across the state.
- Share action alerts for Blueprint priorities with your personal and professional networks.