Thursday Aug 8, 2013 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM (Eastern Time) Click here to register for the webinar.
This webinar is intended for health educators, healthcare employees and community members within the state of Kentucky who want to improve their understanding of and ability to talk to the public about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), Health Benefit Exchanges, and Medicaid Expansion in Kentucky.
By the end of the webinar, participants should be able to:
- Explain to a general public audience the most important provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Understand the general timeline for implementation of the ACA., specifically when Kentucky’s Health Benefit Exchange (HBE) and Medicaid expansion go into effect.
- Discuss how the ACA affects the health insurance responsibilities of employers and private individuals within Kentucky.
- Educate others about Kynect (Kentucky’s HBE) and its function.
- Inform community members about their eligibility for federal tax credit for purchasing insurance via the Kynect exchange.
- Inform community members about their eligibility for enrollment in Medicaid, as a result of its expansion.
- Debunk myths / misunderstandings about the ACA which may hamper implementation.
- Communicate knowledge about the ACA to Kentuckians in a culturally appropriate manner.
Click here to register for the webinar.
This webinar is now “full”. Why would a webinar be full?
Hi Lee Ann,
I just talked with the person hosting the webinar. The maximum number of participants was 200 because of the tool being used. However, they will be recording it and posting it on the Kentucky Voices for Health website afterwards. They are also considering hosting another webinar in the future.
Sorry you weren’t able to register!