We want to make sure you are aware of an upcoming Kentucky Walk Bike Summit organized by Kentucky Rails to Trails Council on April 11-12, 2013 at the Capital Plaza Hotel in Frankfort, Kentucky. This is a great opportunity to learn more about how to promote pedestrian and bicycle friendly communities. Join community leaders, advocates, professionals, local and national experts to discuss how bicycling and walking can lead to safe communities, strong economies, and healthy, happy people across Kentucky.
Here are some highlights, featured speakers and panelists you’ll see at the Summit:
- Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson
- Secretary Mike Hancock, KY Transportation Cabinet
- David Adkisson, President & CEO, KY Chamber of Commerce
- Mayor Bill May, Frankfort
- Mark Fenton, A national expert on walkable communities
- Andy Clarke, President, League of American Bicyclists
- A design track for planners, engineers and traffic engineers presented by FHWA
- Sessions on bicycle/pedestrian advocacy, education, planning, tourism, events, funding and more
- Special clinics to help you start a community bike shop, mountain bike trail, and to improve your bicycling skills
- A night of fun at Buffalo Trace Distillery
- And of course, walks and bike rides!
Visit our Program page for a detailed agenda. Register today! www.kywalkbikesummit.com
Early Bird rates in effect until April 1, 2013.
Leave A Comment