As part of Governor Steve Beshear’s emphasis on enhanced education efforts related to Medicaid managed care, the Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) has scheduled forums for health care providers in each of the eight Medicaid regions during May and June. Senior officials from CHFS will attend the session, including Cabinet Secretary Audrey Tayse Haynes, Medicaid Commissioner Lawrence Kissner, Public Health Commissioner Dr. Stephanie Mayfield Gibson and Behavioral Health Commissioner Stephen Hall.
The forums are designed to allow medical providers to meet face-to-face with representatives of the managed care organizations (MCOs) and the Department of Insurance (DOI) to discuss concerns about proper billing, appeals processes and any specific regional issues, in addition to a general conversation about how to improve the overall system of health care delivery in Kentucky. The first two sessions were held earlier this month in Morehead and Prestonsburg.
The sessions follow the same agenda, beginning with a 9-11:30 a.m. local time provider information general session with Cabinet officials and concluding with a 1-3:30 p.m. local time session on provider billing with the MCOs in each region. The dates and locations of the remaining forums are as follows:
- Region 5, May 30: Worsham Theater/Student Center, University of Kentucky (404 S. Limestone St., Lexington)
- Region 2, June 20: Main Lodge, Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park (20781 Pennyrile Lodge Road., Dawson Springs)
- Region 3, June 24: Kent School of Social Work, University of Louisville Shelby Campus (312 N. Whittington Pkwy., Louisville)
- Region 4, June 26: VP Henry Auditorium, Lindsey Wilson College (210 Lindsey Wilson St., Columbia)
- Region 6, June 27: Student Union Building, Northern Kentucky University (20 Kenton Drive, Highland Heights)
- Region 1, July 15: Curris Center, Murray State University (102 Curris Center, Murray)
More information on each location, including parking, is available at the Medicaid website.
Leave A Comment