2016 is a new year and with it brings the start of the 2016 Kentucky General Assembly. We at Kentucky Youth Advocates and several of our partners are working together to promote Blueprint for Kentucky Children policy solutions that will provide better opportunities for children and families in Kentucky.
We hope you will stay in touch with us via our Facebook page, Twitter, and our blog to know how bills impacting children are progressing in the 2016 legislative session. You can also sign up for action alerts and to receive weekly updates here.
Children’s Advocacy Day at the Capitol is coming up soon on Thursday, January 14th. Whether you are a youth, a concerned citizen, or a professional who works with children, your voice matters to elected leaders. We are excited Governor Matt Bevin, the First Lady, and several other elected leaders will be joining us at the Rally in the Capitol Rotunda at 10 am EST. If you haven’t yet registered, click here to do so.
Below is information to help you have a successful Children’s Advocacy Day. This information can serve as resource anytime you visit with your legislators at the Capitol, too. We need advocates to stand with children on January 14th and throughout the rest of the legislative session.
- Click here to view the packet of information you will receive when you come to registration in the Capitol on January 14th. It includes a schedule of the day, map of the capitol, list of legislators and office numbers, and several other important pieces of information.
- We held a Children’s Advocacy Day prep webinar on January 6th. If you missed it or want to review it again, you can view the recording via YouTube or below, and view the slides here.
- We encourage you to set up a meeting with your legislators prior to coming to Children’s Advocacy Day. Call 502-564-8100 and ask for your legislator’s office to set up the appointment. To find out who represents you, click here. For tips for contacting your legislator, click here.
- Make sure to tweet during the day including photos of you at the Capitol and meeting with your legislators. Use hashtags #CADKY2016 #blueprintky #kyga16
- Click here to learn more about the solutions being promoted on the Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children policy agenda.
Do not hesitate to contact us with any other questions about Children’s Advocacy Day. Thank you to our sponsors who are making Children’s Advocacy Day 2016 a reality on January 14th.
2016 Children’s Advocacy Day Sponsors:
Bart Baldwin Consulting
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kentuckiana
CASA of the Ohio Valley
Catholic Conference of Kentucky
Center for Women and Families
Child Care Advocates of Kentucky
Children’s Champions of Madison County
Children’s Home of Northern Kentucky
Children’s Law Center
Citizen Foster Care Review Board
Community Coordinated Child Care, 4-C
Coventry Cares of Kentucky
Delta Dental of Kentucky
Family & Children’s Place
Home of the Innocents
Homeless & Housing Coalition of Kentucky
Hope Hill Youth Services
Julie H. Gordon, P.S.C.
Junior League of Louisville
Kentucky Alliance of Boys and Girls Clubs
Kentucky CASA Network
Kentucky Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
Kentucky Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Prevention Board
Kentucky Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Kentucky Conference of United Methodist Women
Kentucky Dental Hygienists’ Association
Kentucky One Health/Our Lady of Peace
Kentucky Oral Health Coalition
Kentucky Public Health Association
Kentucky Voices for Health
Kentucky’s Voice for Early Childhood
Kinship Families Coalition of Kentucky
Metro United Way
National Council of Jewish Women, Louisville Section
New Beginnings Family Services, Inc.
Orphan Care Alliance
Passport Health Plan
Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky
Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence
Public Life Foundation of Owensboro
St. Joseph Children’s Home
Sunrise Children’s Services, Inc
United Way of Greater Cincinnati
Volunteers of America Mid-States
WellCare of Kentucky
YMCA of Greater Louisville
YMCA Safe Place
Step Up for Kids in the 2016 Legislative Session Webinar:
Leave A Comment