The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) has scheduled a new round of forums for health care providers in each of the eight Medicaid regions during August and September. The forums will be attended by senior officials from CHFS, including cabinet Secretary Audrey Tayse Haynes, Medicaid Commissioner Lawrence Kissner, Public Health Commissioner Dr. Stephanie Mayfield and Behavioral Health Commissioner Mary Begley, among others.
The forums are designed to allow medical providers to meet face-to-face with representatives of the managed care organizations (MCOs), the Department of Insurance (DOI) and the cabinet to discuss concerns about proper billing, appeals processes and any specific regional issues, in addition to a general conversation about how to improve the overall system of health care delivery in Kentucky. Sessions will cover opportunities in the changing world of behavioral health, improving overall health and enhancing community workforce capacity, among other topics.
The sessions will follow the same agenda, beginning at 9 a.m. and concluding at 5 p.m. local time, with an optional second day of workshops running from 9 a.m.-noon. The dates and locations of the forums are as follows:
- Aug. 5-6: Adron Doran University Center, Morehead State University, Morehead
- Aug. 11-12: Frankfort Convention Center, Frankfort
- Aug. 20-21: Hazard Community College, Hazard
- Aug. 25-26: James E. Bruce Convention Center, Hopkinsville
- Aug. 27-28: Owensboro Convention Center, Owensboro
- Sept. 3-4: Northern Ky. University Mets Center, Erlanger
- Sept. 10-11: University of Louisville-Shelby Campus, Louisville
- Sept. 15-16: Center for Rural Development, Somerset
Providers who would like to register or who need additional information should visit the Department for Medicaid Services’ website.