On Thursday, January 16, 2014, hundreds of advocates, business leaders, youth and elected officials will gather at the Capitol in Frankfort to be a visual and audible presence for Kentucky’s most precious asset: its children. Since the first Children’s Advocacy Day in 2004, the event has grown in numbers but has maintained its purpose of rallying advocates to stand up and speak out on behalf of kids. This year, the 10th Annual Children’s Advocacy Day plans to be engaging and empowering for all advocates and informative and influential for all lawmakers. However, we need YOU to help make it happen!
Register today to attend the 10th Annual Children’s Advocacy Day at the Capitol on Thursday, January 16, 2014. The day has many scheduled events that are optional to attend but there are many ways to use your time while you’re there. Please visit the Children’s Advocacy Day page of Kentucky Youth Advocates website to help you prepare before you come. Viewing the Children’s Advocacy Day artwork in the tunnel between the Capitol and Annex buildings, meeting with your legislators and sitting in on a legislative committee meeting are all great ways to make Children’s Advocacy Day a success.
Here’s a sneak peak at what’s scheduled for the day:
- 9:30 am – Gather in the Capitol Rotunda. Arrive early to get information about the day, learn more about the Blueprint and be sure to get a good spot for the rally.
- 10:00 am – Kick-off Rally! Learn more about key issues facing kids and what legislators can do to address the issues.
- 11:00 am-12:45 pm – 2014 Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children Mini-Seminars in Annex Room 111. This is the perfect way to get well-informed on a Blueprint issue before meeting with your legislators.
- 1:00 pm – KIDS COUNT Briefing: The State of Kentucky’s Kids. Learn more about the facts behind the issues facing kids and what we can do to improve the state of kids in Kentucky.
- 2:00 pm – View the House or Senate in session
I hope you’ll be joining us and others from across Kentucky!
If you have questions about Children’s Advocacy Day, please contact KYA at email@example.com or (502) 895-8167.