Resources for Child Advocates
- Position Statement - Kentucky Youth Advocates position statement regarding the Bevin Administration’s 1115 Medicaid Waiver proposal
- Child Advocates Guide - The Child Advocate’s Guide equips child advocates with information about the 1115 Medicaid Waiver proposal and addresses a number of frequently asked questions.
- Medicaid Expansion in Kentucky: Benefits to Kids and Families Special Report - This special report examines the numerous family and child health benefits that result from parents having affordable health coverage.
- Glossary of Terms - A glossary of terms related to the Kentucky Medicaid program
- Full Waiver Proposal - PDF of the full proposal submitted by the Bevin Administration to CMS
- Take Action - Action alert with information on how to submit comments to CMS on the Bevin Administration's 1115 Medicaid Waiver proposal. The alert includes instructions and sample comments.
News & Updates
12,000 More Reasons to Protect Gains in Health Coverage
Today, the U.S. Census Bureau released new health insurance data, revealing good news for Kentuckians. The data shows an increase in health insurance coverage rates for people of all ages in Kentucky from 85.7 percent in 2013 to 94.0 percent … Continue Reading
New Health Insurance Data Released Today Shows Continued Gains for Kentucky Children and Families
Contact: Andrea Bennett 502-381-1176 firstname.lastname@example.org Statement by Dr. Terry Brooks, executive director of Kentucky Youth Advocates New health insurance data released today by the U.S. Census Bureau revealed that health insurance coverage rates for people of all ages in Kentucky … Continue Reading
Special Report: Covering More Parents through Medicaid Expansion Helps Kentucky Kids
All children, especially those living in low-income and vulnerable families, need access to affordable health care. Today, we released a special report, Medicaid Expansion in Kentucky: Benefits to Kids and Families, which examines the numerous family and child health benefits … Continue Reading
Medicaid Expansion in Kentucky: Benefits to Kids and Families
Download a PDF of this special report with references here. All children, especially those living in low-income and vulnerable families, need access to affordable health care. Research has shown that children with health coverage are more likely to receive regular … Continue Reading
Guest Post: A Grandmother’s View on the Proposed 1115 Medicaid Waiver
Kentucky Youth Advocates seeks to share voices of children and their families who will be directly impacted by the 1115 Medicaid Waiver proposed by the Bevin Administration. As child advocates, we are concerned with many of the provisions of the … Continue Reading