With Children’s Advocacy Day at the Capitol mere days away, I find myself running through a long to-do list to make sure I’ve taken care of all of the necessary action items.
What’s the status of your to-do list?
- Have you registered for Children’s Advocacy Day?
- Did you attend the Advocacy 101 and Children’s Advocacy Day Prep webinar? (If not, you can view and listen to a recording here.)
- Have you scheduled an appointment with your legislator? And read the tips for meeting with them?
- Have you learned about the Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children policy priorities so you can talk about the issues with your legislator?
- Have you told your friends about Children’s Advocacy Day on social media? (I’m going to share this page with mine.)
We recently released the Children’s Advocacy Day agenda:
- 9:00 Registration begins in the Capitol Mezzanine
- 10:00 Rally in the Capitol Rotunda
- 11:00 and beyond Committee meetings and meetings with your legislators Special meeting of the House Health and Family Services Committee (11 AM) Senate Education Committee (11:30 AM) Legislator appointments scheduled in advance
- 12:30 Blueprint policy information session
- 1:45 Greet House and Senate members as they go into chambers
(All of this information will also be in the registration packet you will receive when you arrive.)
About 600 advocates—including more than 200 youth—have already committed to attending, and we know many others have yet to register. Are you ready to join them?!