Tomorrow, the House Agriculture Committee will vote on a Farm Bill proposal that cuts SNAP food assistance for struggling families by over $16 billion. What does this mean for low-income Americans?
- 500,000 households would see their benefits cut by $90 per month
- 2 to 3 million individuals would lose their food assistance entirely
- Nearly 300,000 kids would lose free school meals
Please help us tell Congress that we need their support to end hunger in America! Call today and urge your Representative to oppose cuts to SNAP in the Farm Bill. These cuts would be devastating for our most vulnerable neighbors. 93% of SNAP benefits go to households below the poverty line, and 76% of SNAP households include a child, elderly person, or disabled person.
Use the toll-free number below right now to urge Congress to oppose cuts to nutrition programs in the Farm Bill!
- Dial 1-877-698-8228. When prompted, enter your zip code and listen to the brief instructions. You’ll then be patched through to your Representative’s office automatically.
- State that you are a constituent and give your name and the town you are calling from.
- Let them know you are calling about the Farm Bill and deliver this important message:
“I strongly oppose cuts to SNAP and other nutrition assistance programs. Please vote against the proposed cuts to SNAP in the House Farm Bill. Increasing hunger in America is the wrong vote.”
Thank you for taking a moment to help protect families in your community by making a call today!