Governor Beshear has directed the Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) to initiate enhanced educational efforts to improve the Medicaid managed care implementation system. At the Governor’s request, CHFS will sponsor educational forums in each of the eight Medicaid regions. These forums are designed to allow medical providers, managed care organization (MCO) representatives, and Department of Insurance (DOI) representatives to meet face-to-face to discuss concerns about proper billing, appeals processes and any specific regional issues related to Medicaid managed care. Additionally, these forums will encourage conversations about how to improve the overall system of health care delivery in Kentucky.
Schedule of Educational Forums
- May 7, 2013: Region 7 – Morehead State University, Morehead, KY
- May 8, 2013: Region 8 – Jenny Wiley State Park, Prestonsburg KY
- May 30, 2013: Region 5 – University of Kentucky, UK Student Center, Lexington KY
- June 19, 2013: Region 1 – Murray State University, Murray KY
- June 20, 2013: Region 2 – Pennyrile State Park, Dawson Springs, KY
- June 24, 2013: Region 3 – University of Louisville Delphi Shelby Campus, Louisville KY
- June 26, 2013: Region 4 – Lindsey Wilson College, Columbia, KY
- June 27, 2013: Region 6 – Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights KY
Agenda for each Forum:
- 9:00AM – 11:30AM: Provider Information general session – Secretary of Cabinet and Commissioners for Medicaid, Public Health and Behavioral Health; DOI Executive Staff. Topics include overview of managed care, appeals process, and prompt pay process.
- Lunch – on your own
- 1:00PM – 3:30PM: MCO/Provider Billing session with all MCOs in your region. Topics include proper coding, prior authorizations, dealing with denials, grievance process, proper contacts with MCO’s.
Please register at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6FVP3QK.
Each staff member who is attending should complete a separate registration entry. If you are unable to register using the online form, please send an email with your information to Beth Gallagher-Henninger at email@example.com, or fax on your letterhead to 502-564-7091.